Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bricks: inspired by CJ


Look at this collection I've got:

A brick from the wrinkled picture in my wallet
and another for the song he's singing right now.

I got this brick from the words I was unprepared to say,
and two bricks for the time I said way too much.

A brick from our trip to cobblestone streets and pubs
and a brick for the strings on my guitar.

This one is from my mum's wide grin
and thoughts of Prom floating around in our heads.
Lies floating around our hearts.

I've gathered bricks from lonely limbs
and peanut butter honey toast.

This brick is from surfing with my dad
and standing up to him too.

I've got a nice collection, you see.
But the bulldozers headed over.

So stay out of the bricks, 
you belong somewhere else,
somewhere special.

Don't just be another brick.

xx
Sonny Jean


1 comment: