Sunday, February 8, 2015

breathe me


Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Am I not a robot?

It's not that simple.

It's more like b-b-breeea-thhe in.
And a sharp, short HUH out.

You gave me butterflies--
Knocked the wind out of me--

And my heart went ba-ba-boom
                                                     ba-boom
                                                                       ba-ba-ba-boom.
Ticking off rhythm.

A robot's heart wouldn't create that speed-to-stop-to-slow-melody with an anatomical beater.
It can't create something that soulful-- that incredible.

But-but-but-then again, butterflies are a fight-or-flight response.

I think a robot would be programmed to fight or flight.

Am I not a robot? Hm.

I bleed, but I can fix it myself.

Show me robot who can heal on its own.

I can heal on my own.

Like, leave me alone; I'll deal.

A robot wouldn't say that either.

Someone else would decide their fate for them.

I'm not a robot.



xx
Sonny Jean

2 comments:

  1. I just really love your blog. Definitely a big fan. Please keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the part about healing yourself

    ReplyDelete