Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I remember...

I remember Spring Break 2k15 and not writing one blog post.
I remember the dream I had last night. My 52-year-old mom was pregnant
I remember wishing I could smash every mirror I looked into.
I remember when Lil Wayne was my hero and I was thirteen-year-old thug
I remember family reunions on the beach. Now everyone is a little too busy to get buried in the sand.
I remember begging mom for a small dog. I had saved an entire $100.
I remember my first B. Calculus last quarter.
I remember when dad and mom sat the kids down. Dad was crying and petting the dog like it would be the last time.  
I remember the time I told my mom she seemed to have grown a mustache. She replied with a passive aggressive "Well isn't that swell, Ruby."
I remember swimsuit shopping and how much I still hate it. 
I remember getting pinkeye and looking like an alien when I woke. My eyes have never felt the same.
I remember my second day at Lone Peak High School. I never really grew fond of B-days after all.
I remember watching Full House and mom walking in on a sexy part. "It's not usually like this, I swear!"
I remember my first kiss. We had just swapped silly bands and I had on my fave Bob Marley tee.
I remember when I dropped my baby sister. I blame the babysitter. I had roller blades on, hello!
I remember dating a loser. He still is one, even more so. 
I remember the Nintendo 64 and GameCube. Straight G.
I remember when my big sister ran away with a pack of cigs and a small green backpack. She always had the essentials ready to go: black makeup and a fresh pair o' undies. (a rain poncho too, duh)
I remember inadequacy.
I remember devastation.
I remember wishing I could have Tina Fey's humor and Kylie Jenners' lips. Still do (duh).
I remember being pissed that he held hand with another chick. Not cool, dude. I wish I'd just forget it.
I remember being in the friendzone (yay! ain't it fun?)
I remember each time someone didn't give me the time of day because of my appearance. It never occurred to me people could be that shallow until I came to good ole LP. We notice, people. (i still love LP,and you k, whatever.)
I remember cheering on the Ragnar runners at 3 in the morning.
I remember drill team, 6 am practices, ugly AF wigs, and never winning first place.
I remember running cross country and always winning last place!
I remember taking first in the 100 free in my heat. Girls swim took state that year. 
I remember when my pet snake bit me. I felt like Kissin' Kate Barlow off of Holes, when she lets the yellow spotted lizards devour her.
I remember screaming and crying when I discovered Terik had left. I remember finding out how he did it.
I remember the fear of forgetting my life and what has happened. How much does it all really matter?


I wish I remembered more.



2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo real. I feel like I know you after I read this. I loved this a lot a lot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was powerful.

    I'm sitting in a computer lab right now while my sophomores are taking a SAGE test. I wasn't planning on reading blogs. I was going to plan the rest of the year. But somehow, here am I. And I'm grateful.

    And I just had an idea. We need to READ more. Maybe we take a week off of writing and just freaking read. There's too much good stuff on these blogs. This is one of them.

    ReplyDelete