Sunday, March 29, 2015

Say hello

On Mondays I get cash flow for practicing the art of Burrito Wrapping.
Tuesdays are for thinking caps and Calculus.
Wednesdays I bowling with Priests or cut out hearts with Beehives.
Thursdays are for giving dad bear hugs and watching Cops.
Fridays are for flickering candles and the acoustic guitar.
Saturday- anything and everything goes.
Sundays I wear my heart on my sleeve and take notes. Sundays are for snuggling. Sundays are for homework due Monday. Sundays are for bloggin' and farewells and pulled pork sandwiches. 

I'm just a small town girl, livin' in a lonel--

Who are you?

Sister of 7.
Step of 2.
My thoughts are hurricanes and I landed at Lone Peak 7 months ago.
This place is a different planet and I came from Pluto: the one that doesn't count.
There's more oxygen here but less heart.

You know me as Sonny Jean.
I love the sun and the stars.
I love rodeos once a year and churros from Disneyland.
I love my mum and my dad.
I love Grandma Sonny
and Bonnie Jean.

Say goodbye to Sonny Jean.
Say hello to the real me.
Say hi to

xx

Ruby Josephine Skagerberg.




8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite people<3 and I couldnt agree more...rodeos are the best;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo!!! Ruby I love you and I've always loved this blog! You are incredible

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening line was spot on, and I loved that whole first paragraph. Your posts have seriously been some of my favorites and I'm not just saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh boy! RUBY!!!!! Okay your writing!!!:)))) love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There's more oxygen but less heart" yess.
    Man you're good

    ReplyDelete
  6. "On Mondays I get cash flow for practicing the art of Burrito Wrapping.
    Tuesdays are for thinking caps and Calculus."
    okokok sooo glad my favorite blog belongs to my favorite person. heart heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. rubes!! this blog has definately been one of my favs! im so glad you moved here. your writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came from Pluto: the one that doesn't count

    Oh I got chills at that line.

    ReplyDelete