Thursday, March 19, 2015

Fluid Feelings

And my mom is laying beside me
Worried about fixing the problem,
but as soon as she walks away,
I tremble.
It's mostly my torso quivering.
Shivering.
Trying to cage my feelings
where they belong:
in my gut.
But fluid feelings still leak
in the form of salt water
stinging my eyes
puffing them up like red balloons
in the summer.
I pull the covers over my head,
because what's coming out of my eyes
is infectious
and contagious.
One set of stinging eyes
is enough.
My heart is more sensitive than my eyes.
And these feelings erode
my eyes,
my brain,
my heart.
Erode.
Erode.
Eroding my heart.

5 comments:

  1. "One set of stinging eyes
    is enough." this was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got so giddy when I saw that you had posted. I've missed your posts. and this was so worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so beyond good. Your words are always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good. I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete